Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

C28 CHAPELLE DES BURES

1h30 easy

Length of the route : 5.2 km Town : Buxières-sous-les-Côtes

Path marked out by Les Amis des Côtes Tradition reports that before the Christian era, the inhabitants worshiped the divinities, making big fires on the coast at the summer solstice. It was in 1890 that the chapel of the bures (named after the Saint-Jean fires) was built, on a promontory at an altitude of 375m. From this chapel, one embraces an exceptional point of view on the lake of Madine and the plain of Woëvre.

Route Opinions
Route Opinions
  • Français
  • English
  • Deutsch